Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Not seeing Filter apply_filters( ‘doing_it_wrong_trigger_error’, true )

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by rdanamcd, Nov 1, 2017.

1. rdanamcd

Not seeing Filter apply_filters( ‘doing_it_wrong_trigger_error’, true ), by rdanamcd

I’m trying to disable to doing_it_wrong notice in my child theme’s function file. It is causing issues (Only on my development server where WP_DEBUG is true) after updating to 4.8.3 until the plugin developers updates their plugins.

Both the action do_action( ‘doing_it_wrong_run’, $function, $message, $version ) and apply_filters( ‘doing_it_wrong_trigger_error’, true ) ) from the /wp-includes/functions.php file does not reach my functions.php file.

In my child theme’s function file:
    add_filter(‘doing_it_wrong_trigger_error’, ‘__return_false’, 10); does not work OR
    add_action( ‘doing_it_wrong_run’, ‘wp_action__doing_it_wrong_run’, 10, 3 );
    function wp_action__doing_it_wrong_run( $function, $message, $version ) {
    update_user_meta(10,’debug_doing_it_wrong’,’here’);
    } does not work.

In the mean time, I’ve manually forced line 4129 in /wp-includes/functions.php to: if ( WP_DEBUG && false ) { … } to stop it.

Do filters and/or actions in the /wp-incluldes/functions.php file not reach a child theme’s functions.php file?

Thanks
    Dana

Not seeing Filter apply_filters( ‘doing_it_wrong_trigger_error’, true )