Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Non-Admins can’t access backend Dashboard or Pages – How to fix?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by arunsen, Mar 16, 2018.

1. arunsen

Non-Admins can’t access backend Dashboard or Pages – How to fix?, by arunsen

I have inherited the management of a self-hosted WordPress site. On this site, we cant seem to have any non-admins access the Dashboard or the Pages / Posts etc in the backend.

Basically if a user has any role anything other than “Administrator”, they cant get to the backend – even with the direct URLs. Once they login, they are just redirected to the home page on the site. They can’t even load the (site)/wp-admin/ URL

We need people with the Editor role to be able to approve and publish pages / posts etc. (Currently we need to add them as an Admin to work around this bug. That is terrible because we don’t want to add in our Editors as admins).

I assume it is a plugin/theme setting getting in the way, but looking through the various plugins and settings screens I haven’t been able to find the offending option.

I was just wondering how I could debug this? Any way to check the logs or the code to look for this somehow? I have full cpanel access so if the code snippet causing this is identifiable, I can probably search for it.

Non-Admins can’t access backend Dashboard or Pages – How to fix?