Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Need help migrating a photo-intensive HTML blog to WordPress

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by 71corvette, Nov 12, 2017.

1. 71corvette

Need help migrating a photo-intensive HTML blog to WordPress, by 71corvette

Hi All,

I have a blog that I started years ago that was entirely coded using HTML and Microsoft FrontPage. In total, I have about 90 blog entries with anywhere from a dozen to three dozen photos per blog post.

I’ve finally gotten around to migrating my site to WordPress but I’m struggling with the best way to get the content in. My first attempt was to copy each blog post to the clipboard and simply paste that content into the visual editor. While it worked well for the text, the images were inserted as hyperlinks to my old site which really won’t work. I’ve tried a few workarounds, including looking for plugins to allow images to be copied and pasted into the visual editor, but I haven’t had any luck.

I’m hoping someone on here can help me out. The thought of manually linking all of my photos is pretty daunting – there are nearly 2,000 and it would take weeks of effort.

Any help would be very much appreciated. My original blog is http://www.corvette-restoration.com. The new blog is being developed on a localhost.

Thanks,
    Tim

Need help migrating a photo-intensive HTML blog to WordPress