Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix My navbar isn’t formatted correctly

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by diagtravbug, Nov 26, 2017.

1. diagtravbug

My navbar isn’t formatted correctly, by diagtravbug

I have reset my WordPress to factory settings as the site was very badly built the first time round and I am now rebuilding it. I re-installed the “Penman” theme and have continued to try and set up a regular main menu using the Appearance – menu section on WP.

However, instead of creating a nice right floated drop down list next to the logo, I have a bullet point list which sits in the header above the logo and looks simply ugly. I can use CSS to pull it down to the right and make it inline but when I do for some reason the hyperlinks stop working.

I don’t understand why the menu is not appearing as it should automatically do.

The “blog” section of it should have a drop down menu with the sections “Scuba Diving”, “Stories” and “Hints & Tips”

Here is the source code for the navbar:

<div class=”collapse navbar-collapse” id=”bs-example-navbar-collapse-1″>
    <div id=”primary-menu” class=”menu”>

• <li class=”page_item page-item-13″>About Me
      <li class=”page_item page-item-4 current_page_item”>Base Camp
      <li class=”page_item page-item-11″>Blog
      <li class=”page_item page-item-15″>Contact
      <li class=”page_item page-item-17″>The Essentials

</div>

</nav>
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js” data-dojo-config=”usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false”></script><script type=”text/javascript”>require([“mojo/signup-forms/Loader”], function(L) { L.start({“baseUrl”:”mc.us16.list-manage.com”,”uuid”:”bfd3624afb5835d160570fbf7″,”lid”:”9f9f58c7e7″}) })</script>

Thanks a lot for your help!

My navbar isn’t formatted correctly