Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix My local “mysite” wordpress installation has become corrupted

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by ohgreg, Dec 11, 2017.

1. ohgreg

My local “mysite” wordpress installation has become corrupted, by ohgreg

Hello. After I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.2 (which may or may not be relevant), my local installation of my wordpress site, running off MAMP, would no longer connect. I tried to restore/replace with previous versions of the database off time machine, but it still didn’t work. I tried to export the database from phpMyAdmin, and got many many errors of the variety shown at the bottom of this post. They all appear to be “illegal string offset” errors of various types: Data_length, TABLE_COMMENT, Index_length

When I go to the website via localhost, it triggers the wordpress install page (choose language).

I’m now in the process of building the website online. I don’t need the database per se, and I’m ready to start from scratch if necessary, but I did have about 20 posts written in the sandboxed MAMP site, and I would love to be able to recover just the text if there was some way of doing so.

I should mention that I’m not experienced with PHP or MySQL, but I’m fine with terminal, editing the config files in a text editor and the like.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Warning in ./libraries/controllers/table/TableStructureController.php#1299
    Illegal string offset ‘Data_length’

Backtrace

./libraries/controllers/table/TableStructureController.php#1255: PMA\libraries\controllers\table\TableStructureController->getTableStats()
    ./libraries/controllers/table/TableStructureController.php#355: PMA\libraries\controllers\table\TableStructureController->displayStructure(
    array,
    array,
    array,
    boolean false,
    array,
    array,
    )
    ./tbl_structure.php#47: PMA\libraries\controllers\table\TableStructureController->indexAction()

Warning in ./libraries/controllers/table/TableStructureController.php#1302
    Illegal string offset ‘Index_length’

Backtrace

./libraries/controllers/table/TableStructureController.php#1255: PMA\libraries\controllers\table\TableStructureController->getTableStats()
    ./libraries/controllers/table/TableStructureController.php#355: PMA\libraries\controllers\table\TableStructureController->displayStructure(
    array,
    array,
    array,
    boolean false,
    array,
    array,
    )
    ./tbl_structure.php#47: PMA\libraries\controllers\table\TableStructureController->indexAction()

My local “mysite” wordpress installation has become corrupted