Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix My homepage is showing page I deleted – help!

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by susannasolgreen, Apr 1, 2018.

1. susannasolgreen

My homepage is showing page I deleted – help!, by susannasolgreen

Hi,
    I duplicated my 4 websitepages (home, about, contact etc) with the “Duplicate Post” plugin, and renamed the duplicates. Then I played around with the page called “home” (because I wanted to try out another layout idea, and I thought this was no problem because I keept a copy of the old “home” page), but then decided against it, deleted it, and re-named all my 4 duplicate-pages back to their original name. Including the one called “home”.

However, when I now click on my home name or on the “visit site” just underneath, it keeps showing the page that I was playing with, but deleted.

I want my current page called “home” to be the homepage. Is there an option for “set this page as home page” somewhere?

Or what do I have to name a file, for it to become the home page?
    I was thinking perhaps index.html :0), but I can’t find a file called this anywere.

Also, problem 2: The pages that I duplicated and then named back (and published) are not showing in the customise/menu list of pages, so I can’t add them to the menu anymore.

However, if I go to “appearence/menus”, they are listed there, and I can add them to the menu there, but they still do not show up in the live menu.

Is there a fix for this?

Many TIA.
    Susanna

My homepage is showing page I deleted – help!