Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Moving WP sites to new registrar AND host

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Tina, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Tina

Moving WP sites to new registrar AND host, by Tina

Is there anything I need to know? I need to move a client away from their existing registrar and host because of a couple reasons…they are with a GoDaddy affiliate currently for both registrar and hosting. Over charged, in my opinion, and also the affiliate is shutting down business, so a good time to look for a new home.

I’m going to go with moving her to separate registrar and host. And adding another domain she for some reason had registered and hosted elsewhere…want to consolidate.

I’m bringing her to the registrar I use, who is another GoDaddy affiliate, but much cheaper. Then I’m going to create her an account on Host Gator, which is who I use as well and I really like.

She has managed WordPress at her current host, so I figure I’ll go that route again, and add her other site to it as well.

So my biggest question is…should I move the domains to the new registrar first or move the sites to the new host first? Does it matter what order you do it?

And also, is there anything else I should know ahead of time to avoid her losing any stats and search engine ranking?

Thank you in advance!

Moving WP sites to new registrar AND host