Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Moodle to WordPress

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Colleen, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Colleen

Moodle to WordPress, by Colleen

Hi there
    I don’t know if this is the correct forum to be posting on?

I’ve been searching for a plugin that’s sole purpose is to provide a single login from a moodle site to a wordpress site. This is a company ‘intranet’ and will not require woocommerce or importing the moodle courses etc to wordpress, as wordpress merely houses other non-course related information for the company.

The only current plugin I’ve come across is Edwiser Bridge, which will only carry out what we need if I purchase the extension.

Does anyone know of anything out there? There are a couple of other plugins on wordpress.org however they are out of date and not been updated for a long time.

There is a plugin from the moodle side, but the plugin they require to be installed on the wordpress site is also very out of date (https://wordpress.org/plugins/rest-api-oauth1/) Ref the moodle notes: https://github.com/iandavidwild/moodle-auth_wordpress/wiki/Configuring-WordPress-and-Moodle)

A couple of concerns:
    – The key requirement is Single Sign on from Moodle to WordPress with users listed on moodle (in one place and preferably not have to create users on wordpress as well)
    – I am by no means a developer and would ideally like to have a plugin that is easy to understand and activated by the click of a button
    – If I can’t find anything that serves the purpose I reluctantly have to move the wordpress to joomla – an absolute last resort!
    – We don’t have funds to outlay on premium plugins or developer costs so an already available plugin will be first prize!

I’d really appreciate a speedy response, as our site is due to go live tomorrow!

Many thanks
    Colleen

Moodle to WordPress