Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Messed up big time please help.

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by oddssmasher1234, Oct 29, 2017.

1. oddssmasher1234

Messed up big time please help., by oddssmasher1234

Hi, this is the first time I have made a website using WordPress after a couple of years using blogger platform.
    I stupidly thought I could just plough on and make a decent website but I was wrong. I started writing posts and everything was going well until I installed the yoast plug in and realised my Seo was shocking. In the end I ended up using yoast to change all the blog post URLs etc to tidy it all up and did no redirects. Before this my individual webpages were showing on google when I typed site:eek:ddssmasher.com and everything was good but since I made the changes onlythe couple I didn’t change are showing and some archive is there as well.

I feel out of my depth and want to start over but I don’t know how to make sure all the urls for all the pages disappear so that I can start over using my main oddssmasher.com URL. If I just back up all the site and delete it and then repost all my stuff will that be like starting a fresh or will google penalise me in anyway. Sorry in advance if this all sounds ridiculous

Messed up big time please help.