Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix members log in page takes user to “oops” page

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by dbuisman, Jan 4, 2018.

1. dbuisman

members log in page takes user to “oops” page, by dbuisman

The site I am trying to manage is for a nonprofit organization. To be a member, one has to join and pay either a one year or 3 year membership. We then give them access to members only areas of the site. Lately I have been receiving a couple of notices each day of new WordPress users registering on the site.
    there are a couple of different notices formats, one just shows me the new persons username and email address, another notice gives me a lot more information about the new user.
    I have contacted some of these people and they claim not to have tried to register for access to the site.
    If I just click on the members log in page It says the page does not exist.

I have noticed that when logged out of the site, if I click on a members only area of the site I am taken to a page to log in and below that is a New User Registration form. Like this one http://www.sigdalslag.org/members-area/emigrant-list

I suspect that this form popping up on the members only area is the culprit. Would that be correct and how do I eliminate that registration form from appearing. If I am logged in as the administrator, I do not see that form

Can someone help me please

members log in page takes user to “oops” page