Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Is my Database Broken? Multiple Instances of Functions, & New Tags Become Posts?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by SeanBanksBliss, Dec 3, 2017.

1. SeanBanksBliss

Is my Database Broken? Multiple Instances of Functions, & New Tags Become Posts?, by SeanBanksBliss

Hi there. So I’ve been getting some weird things happening in my WP lately. Here are the symptoms:

1. I add tags to a post in the post editor and when I go back to the all posts list both tags have become their own individual posts.
    2. My quick editor was showing two instances of the “Post Type Switcher” function, and today it’s showing FIFTEEN! instances of post type switcher drop down in the quick editor!
    3. (not sure if this is related to the duplication in symptom two?) I was using StylePress for my blog page and it would duplicate the list of blog posts about 15 times as well. That was last week. I paid someone to “fix” it. all they did was use a new style and some css to hide things. I’m pretty sure they didn’t find the real source of the problem. He said it was happening because my theme wasn’t good enough, so I switched to OceanWP which is supposed to be a very well written theme.

Can anyone help me diagnose this and get it fixed? I’m worried there might be something seriously wrong with my database.

When I first noticed TWO instances of post type switcher in the Quick Editor was after I’d imported a Custom Post Type from another blog and changed it in this blog back to “post”. Not sure if that cause this, maybe by adding an extra table, or column or something to the database? Could that be why entering a tag causes a post to be published under the tag’s name? Wrong column input in the DB? I don’t know.

Symptom 4? I have a membership setting with separate taxonomy for membership tags. I’m pretty sure that creating membership tags resulted in accidentally creating many membership levels under those tag’s names — similar to symptom 1, but with the Membership Level (which may be some sort of CPT?).

What can be done to figure this out?

Is my Database Broken? Multiple Instances of Functions, & New Tags Become Posts?