Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix IMages resizing and losing quality – tried everything

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by courtneyjouning, Jan 22, 2018.

1. courtneyjouning

IMages resizing and losing quality – tried everything, by courtneyjouning

If you see the page above it shows a product image and 2 more images in the slide show. The problem I am having is that the images are losing quality when I upload them and when they display as product images or thumbnails on my shop page.

I have tried everything I could find online;
    – adding add_filter(‘jpeg_quality’, function($arg){return 100;}); to functions.php
    – using smush
    – adjusting thumbnail sizes in media settings and WooCommerce products thumbnails
    – all while using regenerate thumbnails

None of these seem to work. You can see that when you hover over the image and it zooms in then the quality is a lot better then when it is just the static image which leads me to believe the image quality is fine it is just being regenerated for the product images which is losing its quality.

Please advise, client spent a lot of money on photography and whats to make the most fo it!

IMages resizing and losing quality – tried everything