Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix how do I re-enable a plugin if I can’t access the Web interface?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by bennetthaselton, Nov 13, 2017.

1. bennetthaselton

how do I re-enable a plugin if I can’t access the Web interface?, by bennetthaselton

We have a WordPress site hosted by GoDaddy running the WooCommerce plugin, and when we noticed CPU utilization was high, we followed the directions on this article which said to disable WordPress plugins one at a time to see if CPU utilization went down to normal:
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/activating-and-deactivating-plugins-in-wordpress-6562

However, after I clicked “Deactivate” next to the WooCommerce plugin, the web server now refuses to start, with the error:

Fatal error: Class ‘WC_Payment_Gateway’ not found in /home/foobar/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bloyal/bloyal.php on line 403

(GoDaddy phone support says that they don’t support the directions provided on their website, and if you get hosed following their directions, you have to pay for “premium support” to fix the problem, even if the problem was caused by following directions provided by GoDaddy.)

So, all I need to know how to do is to reverse the action of deactivating the WooCommerce plugin. I can still access the server by FTP, SSH, etc. and I can access cPanel and phpMyAdmin. I just need to know where the state of “deactivating” the plugin is stored, so I can reverse that.

how do I re-enable a plugin if I can’t access the Web interface?