Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Fatal Error: Uncaught Error

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by nickfromcwe, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:33 AM.

1. nickfromcwe

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error, by nickfromcwe

Hello,

I run a couple of dozen sites, and one of them stopped auto-updating awhile back. I did not do anything about it as I did not really know any better, and upon trying to log into the admin section, I get this message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wp_is_file_mod_allowed() in /home/resea493/public_html/researchchristmas.com/wp-includes/capabilities.php:365 Stack trace: #0 /home/resea493/public_html/researchchristmas.com/wp-includes/class-wp-user.php(723): map_meta_cap(‘edit_plugins’, 1) #1 /home/resea493/public_html/researchchristmas.com/wp-includes/capabilities.php(547): WP_User->has_cap(‘edit_plugins’) #2 /home/resea493/public_html/researchchristmas.com/wp-admin/includes/menu.php(76): current_user_can(‘edit_plugins’) #3 /home/resea493/public_html/researchchristmas.com/wp-admin/menu.php(282): require_once(‘/home/resea493/…’) #4 /home/resea493/public_html/researchchristmas.com/wp-admin/admin.php(138): require(‘/home/resea493/…’) #5 /home/resea493/public_html/researchchristmas.com/wp-admin/index.php(10): require_once(‘/home/resea493/…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home/resea493/public_html/researchchristmas.com/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 365

I contacted my hosting services help desk, and they attempted to help, but we discovered even though we force the update on the backend and it says it updates, it actually does not. All my other WP sites are updated to the current version, except the above site which is stuck on 4.7.5.

Any ideas on what the problem is and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error