Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Facebook doesnt show thumbnail on share

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by aaronorbis, Jan 16, 2018.

1. aaronorbis

Facebook doesnt show thumbnail on share, by aaronorbis

Hello, I am trying to share a blog post on my facebook page, previously I have had no issues but currently the thumbnail image is not showing. I ran the page through facebook debugger and get the following error message:

The following properties are specified on the webpage but NOT supported for the specified ‘og:type’: article:section, article:published_time, article:modified_time

On occasion when I debug again I also get an error that the image itself cannot be processed because it is either corrupted or of the wrong format. I have tried changing the image format from .jpg to .png with no success.

Also, this problem is occurring with some old images and posts I have previously shared with no issue. Comparing source codes with each other I don’t see anything abnormal.

Lastly, today the sharing feature began working when sharing via phone, but not on any desktop platform.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks !

Facebook doesnt show thumbnail on share