Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix export images from WP.com site and import to local WP install

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by biffdorkman, Dec 20, 2017.

1. biffdorkman

export images from WP.com site and import to local WP install, by biffdorkman

TIA guys. New to WP. Wife’s blog recently moved to WP.com from Blogger after the domain registered. Export from Blogger/Import to WP.com went as well as expected. Most content and media transferred. I want to dive in and work/tweak/customize/modify etc. offline so I installed MAMP and WP locally on MacBook Pro no problem. Export from jennisdish.org and Import to local install went great for content. I can’t figure out how to get media from jennisdish.com to Export/Import. Can I go online with my local WP install up and running? How? We will eventually self-host her site somewhere. My goal was to have her site dialed in before uploading it to a self-hosted location. Can anyone help me with a painless solution here? I’ll wait until I can shell in if I have to but is this really that hard to do? Thanks again guys.

export images from WP.com site and import to local WP install