Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Editor not showing content

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by jrwest, Nov 25, 2017.

1. jrwest

Editor not showing content, by jrwest

When I tried to edit a post, the content doesn’t show up. Even the toolbar that allows you to edit the formatting (font type, size, italics, all that jazz) is missing. The bottom of the window lists the number of words in the post and if I highlight random sections of the page, I can see the plain text content w/HTML markup. If it’s not highlighted, it looks like a blank box. I cannot switch to the actual text view tab. I can’t add tags to the post (even though I can type in the tag field and hit “add” – nothing changes).

This issue showed up before I installed 4.9 – I saw the notice that I was out of date and thought “oh, maybe that’s why I can’t see my text” and updated. I’m not sure which version of 4.8 I was on previously. It’s happening on both of my blogs: all-around-dogs.com and windthisway.com (they are hosted together but use different themes, etc)

I am NOT techie, so I’ve read through other topics but I wasn’t sure about some of the options presented and really don’t want to mess up and make my site worse. Here are the things I have already tried on windthisway.com (because I was relatively certain I could do them without hurting my sites), none of which fixed the issue:

Deactivate all my plugins
    Switched to Twenty Sixteen theme
    Cleared my cache in Chrome
    Tried MS Edge instead (gross)

Can someone tell me what to try next and give me clear “pretend I don’t know how to do any of this” instructions on said steps?

All I wanted to do was spend a little of my evening writing some meaningless fun fluff for my personal blog and instead I’ve been banging my head against a wall for the last hour. ~SIGH~

Editor not showing content