Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Domain change guidance

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by shilpert, Mar 4, 2018.

1. shilpert

Domain change guidance, by shilpert

Hi all

I’ve nearly finished building 4 separate WP sites (amazing software which has made the process easy and fun!), but now have a few questions as I fear I’ve made myself some extra work.

We already had websites but part of what I’m doing is gaining control of our domains and changing host, this has meant that whilst I build the new sites I’ve used a new host, but kept the old sites alive on their original host.

This has meant all 4 new sites have urls along the lines of – where address.com is the domain (which I have now transferred).

So, now I have control of my domains, I know I need to put my DNS at the IP but my question is what do I do with WP?

In the 2 fields in Settings, WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL), do I just replace with http://www.address.com and everything will work? As I’m not physically anything I presume images and files will be fine?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Domain change guidance