Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Customising individual pages

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by aboutmyjourney, Nov 27, 2017.

1. aboutmyjourney

Customising individual pages, by aboutmyjourney

I have a 1&1 website with a number of pages, using the theme twenty-sixteen, and I have done some basic customisation using the standard options in the customising panel on the left of my page view (dashboard – pages, select a page,click view, click customise). I now want to use CSS to customise each page separately with its own colour scheme and layout (e.g. different background colours for different pages).

I am new to website design, but I have learned some CSS basics and I can use the “Additional CSS” option to change the appearance, but it changes the appearance of EVERY page. I have installed the “WP Add Custom CSS” plugin, and it appears in the dashboard menu. However, I can see nothing new in the customisation menus that allows me to customise an individual page. I have read somewhere that there is a checkbox under “screen options” that has to be checked, but I don’t have such a checkbox.

Can someone help me with how to customise individual pages of my site? Is there an option I am missing? Do I need to put something in the HTML source code for the page?

Customising individual pages