Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Completely deleted wordpress files

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by oasisinthesun, Dec 30, 2017.

1. oasisinthesun

Completely deleted wordpress files, by oasisinthesun

Hi, somehow all the wordpress files for my site have been deleted. My domain host, website host and web guys are all refusing to accept responsibility.

It seems that there are no file or folders related to WordPress within the root anymore on my ftp or file manager but, despite this, the home page and one or two other pages do still load. The other 100+ pages don’t though and i’m left with a white screen and HTTP500 error.

Seeing as there are no wordpress files uploaded it seems to be that this is causing the issue rather than any plugin updates causing more common white screen issues.

(I’ve guessed at the wordpress version, it was originally installed in 2013/14).

My hosting company does have a set of backup files which must just be the content itself because we’ve tried to roll the site back to early December but it’s still not working.

What’s my next step? If i do a fresh wordpress install to get the necessary files then rollback to the earlier backup to link the content to it will that get it live again?

Thanks in advance!

Completely deleted wordpress files