Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Cannot save theme customizations

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by auser0912387, Mar 23, 2018.

1. auser0912387

Cannot save theme customizations, by auser0912387

WordPress 4.9.4 running Modularity Lite theme. All plugins disabled.

I recently changed domains. I deleted all files from my server and re-added them from my backup, but did install a fresh installation of wordpress. I have the site up and running on the new domain and now things like my theme customizations need to be set again… My header image is now gone. Appearance-> Customize-> Header Image…. The old one is still saved in my theme, I select it and click publish, looks like it saved but it never shows up on the live site. I also cannot change the site title under “site identity”. It lets me change and publish but the changes never show up on the live site, and the chnages are gone when I go back to the Customize section of the Appearance tab.

• Every time I am checking the site after a change is made, I am using a new incognito window in chrome so cookies and cache are not an issue
    • I have disabled all plugins
    • I have read other threads about ModSecurity fixes… they did NOT work for me. I completely disabled ModSecurity on my site to test and it does not make a difference
    • I am not getting an error code that says to wait and try again. Everything looks like it was published, but the changes are never reflected on the live site.

I have no idea where to go next. Ideas??

Cannot save theme customizations