Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Cannot access website or admin; returns fatal error

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by builderdude35, Oct 15, 2017.

1. builderdude35

Cannot access website or admin; returns fatal error, by builderdude35

Hello,

I have been running a website through WordPress.org (hosted on Hostgator) for a few years now. Last night I tried to access my site’s Admin page to add a new blog post. The page failed to load and I was given this error message:

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /home1/ab7728/public_html/wp-content/themes/graphene/admin/customizer/options-import.php on line 155

I cannot access any of the data on my website or get into admin. On some of my devices I cannot even browse to the site; it just returns that error message. On other devices, the page partially loads and it’s a jumbled mess.

What’s happening here? And how do I fix it? I’m very concerned because I have put a lot of hard work into my site and I cannot afford to lose it, or keep it down much longer.

This is a sudden error, the website has worked fine as it is for two years now.

I actually do not know what version of WordPress I have, as I cannot get any information from the site.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cannot access website or admin; returns fatal error