Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Cannot access website or admin; returns fatal error

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by builderdude35, Oct 15, 2017.

1. builderdude35

Cannot access website or admin; returns fatal error, by builderdude35

Hello,

I have been running a website through WordPress.org (hosted on Hostgator) for a few years now. Last night I tried to access my site’s Admin page to add a new blog post. The page failed to load and I was given this error message:

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /home1/ab7728/public_html/wp-content/themes/graphene/admin/customizer/options-import.php on line 155

I cannot access any of the data on my website or get into admin. On some of my devices I cannot even browse to the site; it just returns that error message. On other devices, the page partially loads and it’s a jumbled mess.

What’s happening here? And how do I fix it? I’m very concerned because I have put a lot of hard work into my site and I cannot afford to lose it, or keep it down much longer.

This is a sudden error, the website has worked fine as it is for two years now.

I actually do not know what version of WordPress I have, as I cannot get any information from the site.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cannot access website or admin; returns fatal error