Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Can’t access site. Changed site url and now can’t login

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by thetravelbugbites, Oct 15, 2017.

1. thetravelbugbites

Can’t access site. Changed site url and now can’t login, by thetravelbugbites

Hi,

I recently changed the url on my site via the wordpress settings menu. Ever since, I can’t access my site as I keep getting “Error 404 – Not Found” message. When I go to wordpress.org/login to login to my account, it says that I don’t have an account linked with the username I am using. However previous to the issue, I would always login by going to grindme.com.au/wordpress/wp-login and my login settings would autofill and work (it’s not autofilling when I visit wordpress.org/login).

So I want to know 1.) How do I find out what email/username is linked with my site and 2.) How do I change my url back to how it was prior to my issue.

Note 1: I have tried asking this question on wordpress.com and was informed that my site was created through .org
    Note 2: the account that I am creating this forum under is separate to the issue.
    Note 3: I’m new so please excuse my beginner knowledge of this

Can’t access site. Changed site url and now can’t login