Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Build a basic theme that works with plugins (Ninja Forms Specifically)

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by unclebconnor, Apr 1, 2018.

1. unclebconnor

Build a basic theme that works with plugins (Ninja Forms Specifically), by unclebconnor

Hi all,

I’m pretty new to WP but I have managed to make a good deal of progress so far on building a site out for a current client. I am building a custom theme which we decided was necessary for the structure of our project and need to use a couple of plug-ins to collect data from a form.

I am not doing anything super fancy in my theme but when I go to create a “new form” on wp-admin using the ninja forms plug-in, their page doesn’t load correctly…there no options to actually build a form and it doesn’t find the ones I’ve created (which ARE available when adding them as page content). When I switch to one of the default themes, I am able to use the plug-in, so I know the issue is on my end.

I have removed links to js/jquery scripts in my php and have inserted them using wp_enqueue_script() in my functions.php. I have confirmed that the script loads correctly on my site but in wp-admin I get this error:

admin.php?page=<for-any-admin-page>:1420 GET http://localhost:8888/clubbing101/wp-content/plugins/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/<site-name-redacted>/wp-content/themes/<site-name-redacted>/assets/js/script.js?ver=1.0.0

I’d love some ideas where to look next if anyone has any!

Build a basic theme that works with plugins (Ninja Forms Specifically)