Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Backup/Export without access to admin panel?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by WordPress.org Forums », Dec 31, 2017.

1. WordPress.org Forums »

Backup/Export without access to admin panel?, by

I’m currently having trouble accessing my admin panel. (In Chrome I receive an err_empty_response error, and in Firefox I’m able to see/login to the admin panel, but anything I try to do from there– export, post, etc.– times out and eventually gives me a “The connection was reset” error.)

I’m attempting to troubleshoot that issue by first updating to wordpress 4.9.1, but given the current issues (and the fact that I don’t really know what I’m doing) I’d like to make sure everything is backed up before I start changing/updating things.

1.) I did have BackUpWordPress plugin installed and activated until I started troubleshooting (I’ve since deactivated all plugins via PHP). I can’t access it through the admin panel, but through my FTP file manager I do see a zip file from 11/28/17 under wp-content/backupwordpress however I’m not sure if that’s sufficient
    2.) I do have access via FTP and can zip/download files, but I’m unsure what all I should download to constitute a “backup”
    3.) I’m unsure if I also need to backup the database (and how to go about that)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Backup/Export without access to admin panel?