Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Back end painfully slow

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by lucygd, Nov 13, 2017 at 8:51 AM.

1. lucygd

Back end painfully slow, by lucygd

Hi all – newbie here, sorry!

I have just transferred my old blog from blogspot to WP.org.

The site seems to look as though it’s working ok from the reader’s point of view, but at my end, the admin pages are EXCRUCIATINGLY slow. It can take well over a minute to switch from, say, a single post back all posts, or from the dashboard to modify a widget or whatever. I just get a little thing at the bottom that says ‘connecting…’ or ‘waiting for lucygoesdating.com’

My hosting is with 123-reg.com

I was told I could use the P3 plugin to find out if any plugins are slowing the site down but I downloaded it and ran it and it didn’t work. I’m now told it is no longer fuctional.

The plugins I have running are (many of these I was advised to get by a web developer friend of a friend who gave me some tips:
    Akismet
    Jetpack
    Autoptimize
    Blogger Importer
    Blogger to WordPress (need one or both of these to make sure my redirects work)
    Cookie Consent
    Cryout Theme Settings (need this for my theme)
    EWWW Image Optimiser
    Google XML sitemaps
    ImSanity
    Insite for WP
    One click child theme
    Tiny MCE advanced
    Updraft Plus
    WordPress Inspector – got this when trying to find out what’s going on, it didn’t help
    WP Crontrol – this was pre-installed don’t know what it does
    WP maintenance mode
    WP smush
    WP super cache
    WP cron control – this was pre-installed don’t know what it does
    WP forms lite
    Yoast SEO

If anyone can give a newbie some advice about how to speed up the back end before I give up and/or break my computer in frustration that would be much appreciated!

Lucy

Back end painfully slow