Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix An unexpected error occurred in a new WP installation

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by gcordero, Feb 1, 2018.

1. gcordero

An unexpected error occurred in a new WP installation, by gcordero

Hi
    I have a new installation in a sub-folder in the server. The WordPress intallation is clean and shows good. Now I want to install the new theme and the system show me “An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.”
    If I try to install a plugin (I tested), the message is the same but three times!
    And of course, in the support forums everything is said, but I can’t find a really answer. From the internet connection is bad until to change a file inside the include folder.
    About the bad connection, I tried to work closer to the router but I do not think that is the problem (although the server is somewhere in Europe and I am in Chile), because I worked before with a server in Spain without problems and the speed is good.
    I also modified the class-http.php file without results. Other forums fail to solve the problem.
    I need to know if there are another solution or someone find it.

Thanks!!

An unexpected error occurred in a new WP installation