Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Add Media/ Category functionality not working

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by CaronMargarete, Nov 23, 2017.

1. CaronMargarete

Add Media/ Category functionality not working, by CaronMargarete

In Post & Page, I’m attempting to add media when I noticed the button doesn’t respond at all. Neither does the categories or tags. From plugins, the Add Form, Add MaxButton, or Add Element and theme plugin OptimisePress button doesn’t respond either. If I add a featured image to a page it opens the add media prompt but not as a popup but as its own page (not a separate tab or window either).

I’ve cleared the cache. I’ve checked that Javascript is working. I’ve enabled popups. I’ve checked on FF, IE and I’m using Chrome. I’ve checked that I have the latest browser for each. I’ve only noticed this start happening since the update to version 4.9. I’ve done a re-install but that hasn’t worked either.

I’ve read the 4.9 Master List post and also the Javascript Error post and found the following, but I don’t know how to read it to know what the problem is or how to fix it.

A parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/webfont/1.0.29/webfont.js, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.
    google.loader.f @ jsapi:22
    post_page.min.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: a(...).get_hash is not a function
    at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (post_page.min.js:1)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.dispatch (load-scripts.php:3)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.r.handle (load-scripts.php:3)
    at Object.trigger (load-scripts.php:3)
    at Object.a.event.trigger (load-scripts.php:9)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php:3)
    at Function.each (load-scripts.php:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php:2)
    at a.fn.init.trigger (load-scripts.php:3)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (post_page.min.js:1)

What was interesting in linking the websites above is that I got the normal popup prompt so I’m totally lost. Could this be a bug or is it likely my laptop?
    I’m using a Lenovo, Yoga 300 with Windows 10.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Add Media/ Category functionality not working