Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Accidentally deleted HTML in .php file – Getting an error when adding it back

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by prestomedia, Feb 28, 2018.

1. prestomedia

Accidentally deleted HTML in .php file – Getting an error when adding it back, by prestomedia

I’m using the Bezel WordPress theme and it includes a singlepost.php file. This file is what formats the blog post single article pages. I went to make a change in it and for some reason the entire file’s HTML was deleted. Now, my single post pages don’t show anything because there’s no HTML in the .php page for it.

I still have the .php file but when I try and copy and paste the HTML into the Appearance > Editor page I get an error saying…

“Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to update your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.”

I’m not sure how to do this. Is there a way to fix the above issue or a better way to restore my singlepost.php file?

Accidentally deleted HTML in .php file – Getting an error when adding it back