Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress Determining Database for localhost test site

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by chislereric, Feb 22, 2018.

1. chislereric

Determining Database for localhost test site, by chislereric

Hello,

I recently became an assistant for the owner of a WordPress site (www.honestbody.com).

I’m attempting to set up a localhost site so that I can properly work on the site without changing things on the live version. I’m presently migrating to new systems and recreating courses, so I need to be careful.

I just downloaded WordPress and set up a Xampp localhost site. I set up the wp-config file using my credentials for Username and Password from the website, and the database as the name used for the folder in Xampp. I started to install wordpress on the local site and asks me to put in this information again. I used the same information as I did in the wp-config and it kicks back an error saying that I’ve the information is incorrect.

Am I supposed to be using the actual information that is tied to the actual site and not the local site? I have a modicum of experience working with WordPress (I’ve set up a site from scratch on one occassion), am savvy, but am not particularly literate with the a lot of this backend stuff (mySQL, etc.).

Determining Database for localhost test site