Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress Creating Extra Thumbnail File For "Featured Image"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by glitto, May 31, 2013.

1. glitto

I am using Arrass wordpress theme for my blog, it has option to set the thumbnails size to display. I have set it to 140x140 pixels and also set 0 pixels in Media setting so that wordpress should not create any extra files with different sizes.

It was all working fine but now I can see when I upload any file and set it as "Featured Image" in wordpress, the system automatically generate a new file with the same name and use that file as featured image.

For example: For the latest blog post I set this image in wordpress as "Featured Image"

http://www.inspirefusion.com/wp-content/uploads/baguetting.jpg

But either wordpress or some plugin automatically generated this file and showing it on the blog

http://www.inspirefusion.com/wp-content/uploads/baguetting-140x140.jpg

It is the issue with every post's featured image.

Can anyone please help me how to stop this thing?

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

Hi glitto,
    The reason your getting two different images is that irregardless of what the "default" setting is for featured images, the settings that you input when adding new featured images to specific posts will be the settings that are displayed for that post using the new image.

There are many themes and they all handle featured images differently, but for most themes, you will have to enter the pictures dimensions and or options when adding it as a featured image. Other themes will have a default setting that is used when adding featured images, but diff themes handle it in different ways.

Hope that helps!