Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress Can I add WordP picture folders to my web site?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by tonygamble, Mar 19, 2018.

1. tonygamble

Can I add WordP picture folders to my web site?, by tonygamble

I have a substantial collection of photographs on my web site.
    http://www.tonygamble.uk/HurlList/

It is crude and simple. I edit the opening menu using Microsoft Expression and each new line/entry is hyperlinked to a folder of images.

I started creating these images with BreezeBrowser and have done them more recently using the Turning Gate plugin for Lightroom. I opted for the latter as it offered swipe and it also worked on tablets and phones.

I don’t like Lightroom and I find the Turning Gate system slow and cumbersome. I was recommended to move to WordPress but all I want WordPress to do is to generate the image folders so I can upload them to my FTP service and hyperlink into the appropriate index.html.

I really don’t want to alter my basic menu page. OK it is rough and ready but it does its job.

As I start to read the beginners guide to WordPress I find lots about making that basic menu more visually attractive but that is not what I want to do. Can some kind soul move me on to (a) making effective picture folders and (b) uploading them with whatever software my FTP service will need?

I am UK based – I say that so any respondent understand the time differences.

Can I add WordP picture folders to my web site?