Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress After update to 4.8.3 get fatal error

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by theghall, Nov 2, 2017.

1. theghall

After update to 4.8.3 get fatal error, by theghall

I a currently testing the update to 4.8.3 from 4.8.2. My test site is running XAMPP 7.0.23-0 for Mac OS X and I get the results below. I have a memory limit of 768MB. One note here is that it was previously 256MB, so I am guessing it is some sort or infinite loop/recursion happening. The dashboard does indicate I am at 4.8.3 even after the error. I tried deactivating all my plugins to see if there was some sort of issue there, but I got the same results. I am trying to remember if I have ever upgraded using XAMPP for MAC OS as I just recently moved to a MAC from a PC, but I cannot recall.

Downloading update from https://downloads.wordpress.org/release/wordpress-4.8.3-no-content.zip…

Unpacking the update…

Verifying the unpacked files…

Preparing to install the latest version…

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Copying the required files…

Disabling Maintenance mode…

Warning: glob(): Pattern exceeds the maximum allowed length of 1024 characters in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/site-test/wp-admin/includes/update-core.php on line 1304

Warning: glob(): Pattern exceeds the maximum allowed length of 1024 characters in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/site-test/wp-admin/includes/update-core.php on line 1304

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/site-test/wp-admin/includes/update-core.php on line 1304

After update to 4.8.3 get fatal error