Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best method for implementing this?

Discussion in 'Starting a (WordPress) Website' started by DevMan100, Mar 25, 2017.

1. DevMan100

Hi,

I need help with choosing the most appropriate method of developing something with the following requirements:
    • A survey that stores responses in a database and then emails results to the user
    • The survey must also have the capability to allow a user (with no IT background) to login and update questions as necessary
    • The survey must be implemented on an existing wordpress website. I do not have access to this website, so I need to develop separately and then handover to the website owners with some direction for installation, noting the website owners have little to no experience in IT.
    • It is for a project, so I cannot use an existing plugin
    I am considering a the following options:

1. Develop using the HTML editor in posts within the Wordpress admin dashboard
    2. Develop using external theme .php files
    3. Develop using a plugin

Can you provide advice on what would be the best option (or if there are other options) and how would I best approach the implementation of said option?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks

2. Dhvanil

3. MacMariner