Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something Happens To Wordpress

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by David M, Feb 20, 2017.

1. David M

It's happened three times to me now...twice on one of my websites and once just a few days ago on another of my websites. All of a sudden I won't be able to get into admin. I've read many posts and fixes to this problem and have tried a lot of them with no permanent success. Twice I had to rebuild one of my websites.

This latest problem I was able to fix with help from a level 3 tech support person from Hostgator. The problem turned out to be that there was no user listed in my website database. I have no idea how this happened because one day I was in admin and working fine and the next morning I could no longer get in. This level 3 tech person was able to add a new user and password so I was able to get in. Now everything works and I didn't have to redo my website.

Now my question....What is the best way to backup my wordpress website and database files? I have Updraft Plus but if you can't get into admin how can you use it? When I try to ftp a backup copy of my whole website it keeps disconnecting before it finishes. Also, a backup copy doesn't seem to work anyway because I still can't get into admin when trying it in the past.

I just would like to know the best way to backup my site and be able to restore it?

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

3. David M

4. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member