Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up a page - have no clue

Discussion in 'Starting a (WordPress) Website' started by Angiec50, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Angiec50

Hi all
    So I have been tasked with creating a new website for my boss! Which I'm sure will be fine once I am in the swing of things but I'm very new to WP and would really appreciate some direction. I have Woo themes Cavas Theme and have set the settings and started with a few pages which have been ok to create/ but I now want to make a page that has 2 columns - that looks similar to this site: http://www.university-industry.com/ - I have been using siteorigin page builder but I can't seem to make it look anything like the example above :-( I want a nice grey background with pictures and nice text boxes / do I need special plugins to make nice text boxes? Am I better using just a table to lay it all out? or is there a layout plugin I can use ? Any help would be greatly appreciated / I'm about to chuck my PC out the window with the stress of just setting this up :/p