Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEO Tutorials

Discussion in 'Starting a (WordPress) Website' started by Snipper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Snipper

2. Jacob

If you could provide unique and actually helpful ways to optimize SEO, I think that site would be very successful. I have seen so many SEO sites that provide terrible information and an abundance of useless information. There needs to be better SEO optimization sites out there.

3. sparks

I'm with you on this. There are almost an uncountable number of "SEO" websites out there that are absolutely terrible. There are too many people who claim to be "SEO experts" who, well, aren't.

4. blackcoffee

Well I think the problem stems from how Google seems to constantly keep changing their search engine algorithm to stop people from gaming the system. Knowledge becomes very quickly outdated and what was useful advice a year ago is now absolutely useless. I don't know. I've even heard arguments that SEO is not really that useful. I mean, obviously how are people supposed to find you if you don't come up on search engines, but for actually building an audience who's going to keep coming back, I'm really not so sure. You get your information and leave. Of course that's just speculation on my part.

I think a lot of it comes down to understanding what you need and what you don't need. And I've found out some pretty good information from the free portion of woorank - Website Review - SEO Tool | WooRank.com (no I don't work for them) although I haven't yet implemented any of it, just taking a look at their analysis shows you some of the stuff that goes into actually SEO. I personally feel it's worth it just to get a look at their break down of information. At the very least it's a good place to start if you have no idea what you're doing.

5. james1991

6. Profit5500

Well that seems like the best thing to do in a encounter like that with Google. I think even Google wants alter SEO just to hinder some marketers campaigns. I am still working on trying to get a website with web hosting but I do not have money right now.

7. teabwoi

Right now I am trying to get into SEO but I will tell you that it has not been something that has been easy. It seems like ever single time that you seem to be doing good and you are one of the guys that are doing it clean it seems like Google just comes along and starts with an update that just seems to mess up everything for everybody. These days I am trying to focus more one buying traffic and so far I will tell you that it has been working out really good for me so we will see where it goes you know.

8. themonk3y

The idea is really good but there is a lot competition in the niche. You could be successful if you can come up with some thing unique.

You are right most of the information on the websites is useless. I usually refer to the official Google Webmasters videos and their blog to learn more about SEO. I rarely read any of the SEO blogs by other people.

9. Henno

10. craig1985

The problem with trying to write an SEO blog is that there are already far too many of them about and they are all saying pretty much the exact same thing that is just worded differently. The reason? there is nothing new to say. I recommend going for a different topic. If you want to be successful, do something different.

11. Khurram Shahzad

Hi everybody,
    The world is so dynamic and there is always a room free for advancement, improvement. This formula fits on SEO as the google has recently updated his mobile friendly algorithm. This algorithm is very helpful for small businesses.

It means that you still have a chance to put something new and unique.