Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations for a chat plugin

Discussion in 'Plugins and Hacks' started by konstantin, Nov 29, 2016.

1. konstantin

I would like to install a chat on my WordPress blog. I tried to search the plugins, but there are way too many chat plugins. I have no clue which one to choose. I have already tried the iFlyChat plugin, I think of something similar. As far as I know it is called a "pop-up chat" which appears on every page of a wordpress blog and similar to the well known facebook chat, it resides collapsed at the bottom-right corner, and can be opened by clicking, then current online visitors can be seen, etc. My problem with iFlyChat was: I was unable to set the font size and the pop-up chat widget initial width, and when I asked the support forum I got no answer. IP addresses of the visitors can be seen but only on a dashboard, when logged in on the official iFlyChat wegpage, this is a drawback for me.

I don't have too big expectations for the wanna be chat plugin:

- No registration, guests also can chat with each other or with me as an admin.
    - I would like to see somewhere the IP addresses of the current visitors (on a dashboard or in the pop-up chat itself - preferably the later - when I am logged in as an admin), because it is often needed on server side to put visitors on blacklists, whitelists, allow access for some blog sections according to their IP addresses, etc.
    - Font size and width of the chat widget should be styleable or can be set by any other way, eg. with javascript call, etc.
    - It should be free, I have no money to pay.
    - If no such plugin exist, then a good enough one, but which is open source - not minified - and commented, or well documented so maybe I can patch it for myself.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016