Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portfolio Display Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by socialtechintl, Jul 23, 2017.

1. socialtechintl

Hi everyone,

My team and I are trying to update a wordpress website that an external vendor originally helped us create and I am running into a small (but critical) issue with WP's portfolio settings.

The main point of the problem is that I want to create another portfolio page similar to what we already have (but filtered by category tag) but I am unable to...

The desired outcome looks like the attached screen shot entitled "Desired outcome", where there are 4 columns and each item displays a small photo, the name of the item and the categories they are tagged with.

To recreate this I logically assumed all I had to do is create a new page and choose "insert element," "latest works" and play with the settings. When I tried to do this I ran into a few problems.

For one, if I try to insert any element from the backend editor I get no reaction, nothing happens. If I do it from the frontend editor I am given a set of options but they are not the same as the options I have for page that resulted in the desired outcome. These are shown in screenshot "frontend editor" and "Desired porfolio options page." After adding the latest works portfolio and going to the backend editor I do not have any options to change the appearance in the way I do with the desired outcome's backend editor page. Instead I get a screen like in the "After frontend editor" screenshot.

The end result is featured in the "Failed outcome" screenshot. Basically, three big problems, there are only 3 columns (and I never get the option for 4...), it shows a preview of the first few lines of the entry, and it does not show which category each portfolio item belongs to.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

**This is all using the built in portfolio capacity of WP, not a plug in**

Attached Files: