Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me to fix this errors of wp transffered

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Meghannn, May 19, 2015.

1. Meghannn

I just transferred a new WordPress site from my old server to Hostforlife.eu hosting account. The site works fine on my old server. No errors or anything. Once I copied all files to the Hostforlife.eu hosting account though, the homepage displays but with the following errors above it:

Code:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-content/themes/hcdla/functions.php:1) in /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-content/plugins/business-directory-plugin/wpbusdirman.php on line 706

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-content/themes/hcdla/functions.php:1) in /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-content/plugins/business-directory-plugin/wpbusdirman.php on line 706
    When I try to access the admin panel, nothing displays and I get these errors:
    Code:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-content/themes/hcdla/functions.php:1) in /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-content/plugins/business-directory-plugin/wpbusdirman.php on line 706

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-content/themes/hcdla/functions.php:1) in /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-content/plugins/business-directory-plugin/wpbusdirman.php on line 706

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-content/themes/hcdla/functions.php:1) in /home/content/85/10284985/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

I've opened my functions.php file and there are no blank spaces before or after the php. Here is the codethough, just in case I am missing something:

Code:
    <?php
    // Define Menu //
    function register_my_menus() {
      register_nav_menus(
        array(
            'top-menu' => __( 'Top Menu' ),
            'footer-menu' => __( 'Footer Menu' )
        )
      );
    }
    add_action( 'init', 'register_my_menus' );

// Define Sidebars //
    if ( function_exists('register_sidebar') )
    register_sidebar(array('name'=>'Sidebar One',
    'before_widget' => '<div class="widget-col2">',
    'after_widget' => '</div>',
    'before_title' => '<h2>',
    'after_title' => '</h2>',
    ));

// Force Editor to Use Style.css //
    add_editor_style();

// Removes empty paragraphs //
    add_filter('the_content', 'remove_empty_p', 20, 1);
    function remove_empty_p($content){
        $content = force_balance_tags($content);
        return preg_replace('#<p>\s*+(<br\s*/*>)?\s*</p>#i', '', $content);
    }
    ?>

Your help is appreciated :) Thank you!

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

Log in to ftp and turn off the "business-directory-plugin" and see if you can login then.
    If so it's that plugin that is causing the issues with the new server.
    If not, try adding "xxx" to each plugins folders name, effectively disabling them one-by-one until you find which plugin/theme is causing the problem.
    This will have to be done through ftp.

Hope that helps!