Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking a Wordpress site

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by mrscaramanga, Dec 1, 2016.

1. mrscaramanga

Hi everyone!

Before I begin, please let me apologise as I know this is going to create some hilarious responses…

I’m a designer and am going to rebuild a client’s WordPress site in Adobe Muse… I know, I know! I’ve always used Muse (and Freeway before that) to create sites as I’m a designer, not a code and script expert so I feel more comfortable doing it.

Before I do this, the client needs reassuring that the WordPress site can be saved/archived so it can be re-published in the future just incase there’s a problem with the Muse site.

So, my question is… how do I go about archiving their existing WordPress site and taking it down, ready to be re-published if I need to?

I was thinking I could build the Muse site and then point the site url to that rather than the Wordpress one and then if needs be point it back to that in the future... will that work?

2. Luke Mcc

Hello, don't apologize, different strokes for different folks!!
    I will say this, don't be afraid of WordPress, you can do a hell of a lot of stuff without looking at any of the code, it can be very flexible!!
    best thing to do is get FTP access, pull the whole site as a backup.
    next get access to phpmyadmin via cpanel (its the database the site uses) and get a backup of that as well
    and just for good measure get a backup plugin and use that as well!!!!!!!

wpexplorer - dot - c0m / backup - wordpress - site - plugins (remove spaces and correct)
    (sorry admins but that no link rule really sucks!!!!)