Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paid methods

Discussion in 'General Marketing Discussion' started by Raymond, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Raymond

2. akstgsb

3. Jacob

I have used both Adwords and Facebook. When I used Facebook Ads, it made me create a Facebook page for my website and it promoted the Facebook page, which then promoted my website. I did get decent results, nonetheless. When I used Adwords, it promoted my site directly on Google. Facebook Ads creates you a Facebook page where you can consistently gain "likes" to your page and continue to grow it, while Adwords can help increase your search ranking on Google. Personally, I prefer Adwords, but it's really just a matter of preference.

4. craig1985

5. ellyjude

6. Dono Nguyen

7. ellyjude

8. Dono Nguyen

9. VinayaSpeaks

10. swalia

11. OhioTom76

It's going to depend on what your goals are. If you are simply trying to gain visibility to your business and don't really care if the people seeing your ads immediately and directly follow up and become a customer of yours, then you might find more value with Facebook. But if you are looking for more direct conversions as a result of your ad spend, I think Google AdWords would be a better bang for your buck.

Of course with either of these networks, your success is going to heavily depend on how well your ad campaigns are set up and structured. If you are new to either or both, I wouldn't expect them to be profitable out of the gate. There is a learning curve for both, and you also need to test out which keywords and ads are working the best, so you can further optimize them.

The main reason I think that AdWords has an advantage is that you are generally targeting users as they are in the process of searching for something, so they are more often in a "buying" frame of mind. Though Google AdWords also does offer another form of ad delivery known as their Display Network, which is more similar to Facebook ads, in that they are generally delivered "contextually" - meaning they show up beside related articles/posts a user may be reading, or across various other web sites that the user may be visiting. In these cases, the user might not be in the frame of mind to make a sale, but you're getting your name out there in front of them.

12. jackluter

13. Linda Thompson

14. johnniewalk