Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blog

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Sharper, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Sharper

I'm thinking about starting up a WordPress site that has news stories updated daily with comment sections for each story. To help get it kick-started, would it be a good idea to pay people to post comments on the news stories and possibly contribute editorial pieces based on current events?

2. akstgsb

3. themonk3y

I am going to share personal opinion here regardless of what Google thinks about it. In my opinion in the start you should pay users to get some comments on your blog to generate some engagement in the comment section. If a user lands on your blog and sees that all of your posts have zero comments, chances are he is also going to leave with out making a comment. So in my opinion in the begging you could pay some people to make comments and increase engagement.

4. swalia

It depends on your budget. If you can afford to spend for getting comments and likes then I don't think there is any harm in doing it. It will help in getting some traffic to the site in the beginning and encourage active engagement from other readers as well.

5. cortana

6. cortana

Wrong.

Just because there's a few paid GENERIC comments on there, doesn't mean 1) that anyone else will ever see the site, 2) doesn't get people to the site, and 3) no one cares if there's other comments. Some people like being the first to comment.

7. Natalie Andersen

8. junaid Ismail