Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My own WordPress sites blocked my own IP!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Panda, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Panda

I've encountered a very irritating error... My IP was blocked. And it was my 4 WordPress sites that blocked me! When I tried to visit my own sites a while ago, it said that my IP was blocked! I need to chat with a technical service representative of my hosting service just to get my IP unblocked.

What are the reasons why my IP was blocked? I'm not sending spam or anything. It's my website that's being spammed by others for crying out loud.

2. SimplySidy

I hope your themes, plugins are not bugged. Where did you get them from? I hope they are not those nullified ones which are mostly infected with malware.

Another reason can be a shared IP. It might be an issue that your website or even your own IP (at the local computer has been blocked and identified as a bad IP.

3. Panda

Hmm, yeah my internet service provider has a shared IP address so I think that's one of the reasons. Maybe I'll have to double check on my themes too as I think I got one from an unofficial source way back last year. If I delete the themes (assuming they have malware), will it also delete the malware? What's a good plugin to use to check on malware?