Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My logo in WP showed up blurred

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by hazy23, Nov 30, 2016.

1. hazy23

I have uploaded my logo (which actually only contains my name ) on my site. It doesnt come up completely sharp while is it in photoshop. Im using a child theme twenty sixteen. I have tried everything like higher resolution uploading in jpg, png or svg. Nothing helped.

I could have also used a site title instead of a logo but Im dont want to use too many different font families since this might slow down my site. And also I think this font family 'skia' is not very common so that could making loading worse.

Hope someone can help me on this. Or correct me if my findings are not correct.

Hazy

2. Luke Mcc

3. hazy23

What do you mean with generic hi resolution? I have uploaded the logo image in the resolution as requested by WP. I can see in the media library already that the quality changed after uploading. It is not that the image is completely blurred but just not crisp sharp. But I don't have issues with my other images which are pictures of for example people

4. Luke Mcc

if your theme tells you the logo size must be, say, 250x50 then get a hi res image off google and add it into you site (where your logo goes) to see if it gets affected, however if you've uploaded other files successfully then its probably the way you are saving your files, for example if your saving as a gif the quality us usually worse anyway, if you are saving as png then it make sure you are saving as png24, you could of course try exporting as jpg with max quality to see if it works.