Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multilingual site, multiple domains, help pls...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by gulliwog, Aug 19, 2017.

1. gulliwog

Hi! I want to create 2 - 3 language versions of my site, each one a separate site with it's own domain (same host + db) and own internal links. What is the best (and most straight-forward) solution for this?

As I create pages/articles I would like the possibility to duplicate them to each site/domain, make the relevant changes (text, titles and links) either immediately or later, and if content like images needs updating, the possibility to apply the changes to all the domains pages and articles. I would like to be able to do this from a central management panel using one single database and same content paths.

I think all this can be done with WP MultiSite, but I am a little concerned it about it's complexity, and whether I require such a powerful tool for a fairly simple site with 2-3 different versions.

Is there a plugin that will let me do all this? I have heard of PolyLang, but I am confused as to whether it has all the functionality I require. Are there other plugins that let you create duplicates of your site to different domains, changing content on each as required but using same DB?. I know about plugins that let you duplicate/backup your WP... but these aren't much use for duplicating in "real-time" as you add content and articles and each one has to be edited separately.

I really also need the plugin to work with Divi3.0, a SEO and WP-Hide (or similar). I am concerned WP-Hide could conflict with a plugin duping content.

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

3. gulliwog

4. WPhelp

5. gulliwog

The whole point of a forum is it a place where members of a community can help, assist and support one another by sharing information and experiences. That is why the vast majority of forums BAN all commercial adverts and links. Imo creating a forum so you can try and push your products on unsuspecting individuals who may be having problems is unethical and dishonest.

6. WPhelp