Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi language Wp Site

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by bturgan, Nov 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bturgan

Hi,

I want to have the english version of my site. I have created a new sub domain called en.hotel-tekstil and transferred all my wp files and db to this folder. But when i open this site it is redirecting to hotel-tekstil. Does anyone knows how to correct this issue? Thanks,

2. Sumeet Shroff

Moving WP files is not as simple as coping them....You need to make changes to the DB also to change all urls from the original to the subdomain.

For that, you need to use a "migrator" plugin to copy a site. Use Akeeba backup.... it is free and you need to take a backup and copy the backup to the new subdomain and then extract the files and run the migration script. the migration script will automatically make the changes to the database.

3. MSWORD

4. Elliot Gonzales

Yes! This is because the database you copied is still pointing to the old URL.

To correct this you need to login to your database phpMyAdmin—if you are using a Linux hosting service, that is.

Let me know if you can access that so I can help you further.