Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Missing Temporary Folder' Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by FirstByten, Jan 10, 2017.

1. FirstByten

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to bug everyone with a possibly newbie question, but I have been struck with a shocking case of the 'Missing Temporary Folder' issue on my Wordpress installation. I have been searching for solutions for a few days now, scouring forums, stack exchange, and all manner of sources. Many of which said to contact my host as it could be a server config issue, which I did who said that he had recreated a 'tmp' folder under the .php directory. Unfortunately, I am still getting the 'Missing Temporary Folder' error.

The host server is running NginX, and rather than a public_html folder or such, it has a '/' directory containing '.php', 'firstbytecollab.xyz' (my domain), and 'logs'.

I have tried including the line
    `define('WP_TEMP_DIR', 'DIRECTORY')`
    in the wp-config file
    (Where DIRECTORY is the address / path to the temp folder in .php) however that didn't fix the issues.

I then tried including
    `define('WP_TEMP_DIR', dirname(__FILE__) . '/wp-content/temp/')`
    (Verbatim this time) with the first line of code commented out.

And this code caused an HTTP:// 500 error. If I comment out the above line the site works fine (save for the missing temp folder issue) so it's that code causing the issue, but I'm wondering if the fact that it's causing the 500 error means I'm getting closer (I could just be deluding myself).

Apologies if this is the wrong place, or a stupid question, I'm brand new to Wordpress and PHP, and (aside from this issue) loving it, but I just can't for the life of me seem to solve it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,
    First Byten