Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minor Customization to Purchased Theme

Discussion in 'Themes and Templates' started by cmigliorini, Oct 12, 2015.

1. cmigliorini

I purchased a theme for a client and have been calibrating it to my client's liking. Everything was going smoothly until the client asked for a simple, but strange request. On the large main home image, that is customized through the theme's backend options, he wants to map out a specific section of the image to link to an external website.

I would be able to easily map out the image to have specific segments link to another destination if the website wasn't built on a wordpress backend. The fact that it is built on a complex wordpress theme is leaving me confused.

To get a better idea of what I am talking about the website's URL is : http://www.mattavn.com/
    The theme I am using is called "Speaker".

Does anybody have any suggestion to help solve my issue?

2. PeggyCarter

That's kind of an odd request. It's a background image, right? As in the background of a contained section (div or whatnot)? Would it be possible to lay an 'image' map over it without calling the image again, just coordinates inside the confines of div? It's so weird when people ask for mapped images these days. I realize people still use imagemaps but it's almost old fashioned.

3. cmigliorini