Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merging two pages into one homepage

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by j.radke, Dec 7, 2017 at 7:16 AM.

1. j.radke

Hello,

I am trying to customise my Wordpress homepage.

I decided to get fullscreen image theme. As I am preparing photography portfolio website, graphic content is very important to me. However, I'd like to add some text below the image slider, ideally it would be a whole page below the current homepage slider.

I tried two methods, they almost worked almost as I wanted.

Almost - therefore I have one more question. (I am sorry if that is obvious, I am not experienced and I am learning everything just now, I already learnt a lot and I want to learn more as currently I cannot afford paying for these modifications).

Method 1 - inserting separate (non-WP) page in div and iframe into style1.php - it looks exactly as I wanted.

However it returned content that is not seen by Google bot, not seen by WP Admin and WP Plugins, which makes all very difficult to optimise.

Method 2 - echoing other WP page with desired content by:

<?php
    $your_query = new WP_Query( 'pagename=about' );
    while ( $your_query->have_posts() ) : $your_query->the_post();
    the_content();
    endwhile;
    wp_reset_postdata();?>

What returned raw text which in this case IS visible for Google bot, WP engine etc.

My question is: How do I return formatted page that is visible for Google, WP, plugins etc.?

I know that it may be simple, however I achieved a lot already and I'd like to finalise whole project with your help and my good will.

Many thanks!